Chapter 7

It didn’t take long in chapter 7 for me to learn something new. I remember getting the first iPhone back in the 2000’s and seeing it say 3G at the top of my phone. I never knew what 3G meant other than it was my signal. Fast forward to today and now we see 5G on our phones, and not until reading this chapter did I understand what 5G stood for either. LTE appeared a bit further in the chapter because it’s essentially a wwan for cellular companies. So does that mean that LCCC’s network on campus is technically an LTE?

The security aspect of this chapter and briefly what we talked about in class was pretty interesting. I was always under the belief that a public network was just free Wi-Fi and a private network was just Wi-Fi you needed a password to access. I was unaware that there’s very different security measures involved in both of them, needless to say I don’t think I’ll be connecting to any public networks anymore. MAC address filtering was interesting to me cause I’ve known about devices having a MAC address but didn’t realize you could filter devices that can connect to your network by whitelisting their MAC address.

Prev[A].....[5][6][7][9][10] Next