Chapter 6

I was very interested to read module 6 because cybersecurity is something that interests me as a possible career. Just about everyone I know has fallen victim to being hacked in some way, which is quite disturbing. After reading about public and private key encryption, I determined that people who can break a 128–256-bit key are either geniuses or some very dedicated hackers. If I was thinking as a hacker spoofing and phishing would definitely seem easier to execute.

DDos attacks are something that I feel like use to plague the video game community, but have gotten better in recent years at least that I can remember. As we talked about in class briefly it always seems like these things happen on the holidays or during peak times of traffic. I was unaware of a DoS attack, but the two are pretty similar except DoS attacks only come from one client. The book says that clients are infected with a trojan horse and then used to help in the DDoS attack without the owner knowing effectively making what the book called them zombies.

Malware is something most people have heard of but I was unaware of how many different types of malwares exist. A worm was one that was new to me, a self-replicating and self-executing program that sends copies of itself over a network. This definitely seems like it would be the type you would use in a phishing scam, because it could send itself to other email addresses in your contacts, and it just spreads further and further.

Prev[1].....[5][6][7][9][10] Next